OPEN to all Tri-Valley high school students.
Submissions: Work may be submitted from February 19 through April 9, 2017. Maximum of two (2) entries per student, in any combination from the categories listed below.
• Poetry: Up to 30 lines (title not included)
• Personal Essay (non-fiction): maximum of 1200 words
• Short Story (fiction): maximum of 1200 words
• Document Type: MSWord .doc or .docx
• Font: Times New Roman or Arial. DOUBLE SPACED (except for poetry).
• Title: At the top left of each page.
• Page Number: At the top right of each page
• INCLUDE SEPARATE COVER LETTER WITH EACH ENTRY, stating: Name, address, phone, email, high school you attend, grade level, age, title of entry and entry category (poetry, essay, short story)
• No Name on Entry: The student’s name should appear ONLY on the cover letter.
• No Images: No illustrations, graphics, or photographs.
Email your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The judges will focus on several areas when they evaluate the writing selections. You may want to keep these areas in mind as you edit and polish your piece before submission.
See http://www.trivalleywriters.org/high-school/high-school-writing-contest-2017/. Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of judges.